Lucid Moon Studio

Friday, February 25, 2011

Artbeads Winter Enchantment

The current challenge for Artbead's Blogging Design Partners is to create a "Winter Enchantment" design that represents what is beautiful or inspirational about the winter season. Living here in Florida, it is difficult to be inspired about winter when there is no snow. This may be why I chose the focal pendant that I did. Even though it has a wintry feel, it has a cheerful little sparrow and accents of green, yellow and blue in it. I also love the stoneware pendants offered at Artbeads.com, having used one in a spring design that I blogged about last year that turned out really nice. I also picked out some matching stoneware round beads. Since it is difficult to match colors when looking online, I like that there are coordinating beads in the same color glazes as the pendant, so you know they will match perfectly! 

 I wire wrapped the beads with sterling silver wire and used some wood beads to pick up the brown in the pendant and add to the nature theme.

Closeup of sparrow stoneware pendant (on Clearance at Artbeads.com right now!)

 I picked out this silver-plated rectangle connector because I wanted to try out the new metal stamps that I won from Pretty Things recently. I could not believe I won such an amazing giveaway! I already have a cheap set of plain alphabet metal stamps that I bought at Harbor Freight and had been a bit disappointed by them. These ones from Impress Arts, on the other hand, are MUCH better and well worth the cost in my opinion. Artbeads.com also has a pretty vast selection of metal stamps sold individually, and as I put the necklace together, I had wished I would have ordered a star or snowflake-like stamp to decorate my tag. Instead, I tried to use the "I" stamp to make a snowflake design, and it didn't work that well.

 I used a Green Girl Studios ring that reminded me of a snowflake and a hand formed sterling piece to make a toggle clasp. I paired some sterling cable chain with some fire-polished linked crystal chain that I had ordered from Artbeads.com last year, and I thought it added a little more wintry charm to the necklace.

So, there you have it! I like that even though this necklace has a wintry feel to it, I think it would be perfectly fine to wear any time of the year.

Disclosure: The products credited to Artbeads.com in this post were provided as a promotional gift by Artbeads.com as part of their blogging program. The items are for review or design purposes. My comments pertaining to these products are my personal opinion, and I have not been paid for any endorsement.

9 comments:

somethingunique said...

i think the stamping looks wonderful as is,what a cute font, think i might have to add this one to my collection, great eye for color.have a great weekend & thanks for sharing your creations ;p

BluMoon said...

I really like that sweet sparrow pendant and love how you used it!
Jackie

Deb said...

Hi Lisa, what a beautiful necklace, I love the sparrow pendant, absolutely stunning.

Deb x

Judy said...

wonderful necklace! The fonts on the stamps are great!Lucky girl!

Jenni C said...

Lisa, that is a lovely necklace, you gave it a lot of thought. Love the stamping and the focal.
jenni

BahamaDawn said...

your necklace is BEAUTIFUL!! i love the colors!
and you did a great job stamping!

Regina said...

Florida is where I want to be in winter and you have captured it so well. Great necklace, love the colors you have chosen, I think your components all come together so well. Would like to see how you use the crystal yarn, I am afraid I only have a small length intact.

Katrina said...

Wow, very astonishing design! I love how you matched and combined the colors. It really has a wintry feel in it but the colors warmed it all up. I love the sparrow pendant, too! The materials were very well-chosen. You did brilliant job!:)

Tara P. said...

It's a beautiful necklace! Do you mind sharing where you got the wood pieces? I'm looking for exactly those in a slightly darker wood.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin